Associate Director Planning and Resources Engineering
1 day left
- Full Time
- Advance your career with RMIT
- Convenient CBD location
- 5 year fixed term
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together. We are fundamentally transforming the world of research at RMIT, from providing industry leading opportunities for researchers to introducing world-first technology. Were proud to be reshaping our processes and capabilities - and in doing so, were becoming a trusted partner in creating the future of research.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to build transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the College and role:
The College of Science, Engineering and Health comprises four Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology at apprenticeship, certificate, bachelor, masters and PhD levels. The College has an annual income of approximately $425 million and employs over 1,000 staff providing on and offshore programs to approximately 20,000 students.
More information about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
The Associate Director, Planning & Resources is accountable for providing high level strategic planning and business advice and support to the Executive Dean and School Executive and will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to support the School's activities and objectives. The successful incumbent will lead and manage the Schools operational, financial, human resource/staffing and profile planning, performance, monitoring and reporting, and will lead transformative structural, cultural and work practice changes required to support University, College and School strategic directions.
The Associate Director, Planning and Resources is a member of the School Executive team and is required to work collaboratively with all members of the School management team and with staff across the School and College to ensure that the School and College achieve their strategic objectives.
- Significant leadership skills including the capacity to initiate, lead and manage in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Experience with the effective delivery of services within a large, complex organisation, preferably in the tertiary education sector.
- Substantial experience in leading large-scale, transformational change of culture, structure, roles, responsibilities and processes to a successful conclusion.
- Proven budget and financial management, planning and business development skills.
- Demonstrated high level problem solving and analytical ability.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to lead, direct and influence others.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team within a matrix structure to achieve and contribute to the achievement of identified goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of change management and project delivery.
If you believe this opportunity is for you, please apply online.
Applications close on 24th October 2019 at 11:00 pm
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. To view the position description please visit RMIT careers and search for job no. 583206.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.