Research Assistant in Economics
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Economics professors David Laibson (Harvard University), Brigitte Madrian (Brigham Young University), James Choi (Yale University), and John Beshears (Harvard Business School) are hiring full‐time research assistants with start dates during the summer of 2020. These one- or two-year positions involve work on theoretical and empirical research related to behavioral economics, decision making, savings, and health behaviors. The research uses field data, experimental data, and hybrid field experiments.
Salary is $56,000 annually, plus benefits. Expected start date is during the summer of 2020. Visa sponsorship is available.
For examples of our research, see our faculty pages:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing statistical analyses on large databases
- Designing and running experiments
- Programming simulations of theoretical models
- Proving theoretical results
- Bachelor’s degree by start date (required).
- Strong programming and quantitative skills, including coursework in multivariable calculus, matrix algebra, probability, and statistics (required).
- Previous experience estimating econometric models (strongly preferred).
- Interest in applying to a quantitative PhD program and pursuing an academic career (strongly preferred).
We prefer research assistants who want to become professional economists, but we’re interested in future PhDs in any quantitative field.
Our past full‐time RAs have enrolled in the following PhD programs: Harvard economics (13), Harvard business economics (4), Harvard public policy (1), MIT economics (7), MIT operations research (1), Stanford economics (1), Princeton economics (1), University of Chicago GSB – finance (2), University of Chicago GSB – economics (2), University of Chicago history (1), UC Berkeley economics (2), Yale economics (1), and Columbia economics (1).
Please email all applications to: email@example.com
- Email a single PDF containing your (1) cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, (2) resume, and (3) unofficial transcript. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Highly-qualified applicants will be invited to interview with our team and provide up to 3 references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.