Lecturer in Education
Expression of Interest for Sessional Lecturers: Education Discipline or Early Childhood Education Discipline
- School of Education
- Bundoora West Campus
- $192.69 Lecture rate and $137.42 Tutorial rate
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. One of Australias original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 83,000 students including 12,000 at postgraduate level.
The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and vocational education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the community.
Role and Responsibilities
RMIT's School of Education is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to teach and visit students on placement in its pre-service teacher education program and/or the early childhood education program.
The School of Education are seeking individuals who have:
- A qualification to teach at postgraduate level (minimum of a Masters degree)
- Demonstrated sound understanding and effective application of contemporary tertiary teaching and learning methodologies
- Significant relevant professional experience and comprehensive knowledge of contemporary issues in early childhood education
- A commitment to ongoing professional and scholarly development
Employment will be on a casual basis and commence in February 2020. The number of hours taught per week is open for negotiation and based on the student enrolment. Please specify in your application whether you are available to teach face to face or online.
If this interests you, please click 'Apply Now and upload:
- A copy of your resume detailing relevant professional and teaching experience
- A cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role
Employment is subject to the successful attainment of an Employee Working with Children Check.
Applications close Tuesday the 22nd of October 2019 at 17.00.
For further information please contact:
- Education Discipline - Dr David Armstrong at 0434 099 616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Childhood Education Discipline - Assoc Prof Linda Knight at 0415 724 535 or email email@example.com