Industry Research Assistant
- Bundoora East & Fishermans Bend location
- Full-time or part-time, fixed-term contract (up to 2 years)
- Attractive salary on offer
The Roles & Your Responsibilities:
The Aerospace Divisions (AD) Structures and Materials Test Centre (SMTC) is a national asset and the largest and best-equipped facility of its type in Asia Pacific. The SMTC has over 70+ years of operations, accumulated an impressive track record of research and client outcomes.
You will develop unique test protocols and apparatus in response to research requirements or develops, integrates COTs or bespoke equipment and software to conventional test frames/rigs to complete experiments. The IRA advises on novel and conventional material test protocols and apparatus, devises, trials and applies test enhancement approaches for research and evaluation methods.
Skills & Experience Required:
You will have demonstrated knowledge and experience of contemporary structures and material properties experimental standards, methods and tools. You will also have experience in developing novel experimental protocols or apparatus for structures and materials tests as well as the ability to independently operate and troubleshoot a range of servo hydraulic test stands, and/or complex controls systems and/or mechanical/materials test apparatus
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly-skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond. Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To find out more, please see attached position description or for further information contact Pier Marzocca on +61 3 9925 6061.
** Appointment to this position is subject to having an Australian Citizenship and passing a Working with Children check
Applications close on 13 October 2019 at 11:55 pm.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community