Administrative Assistant II, Facilities Engineering
- Functional Area: Facilities
- Department: Facilities Engineering
- School Area: Department of Facilities
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Employment Category: Non-Exempt
- Visa Sponsorship Available: No
- Schedule: M-F, 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, and help shape the future – then take a look at this opportunity.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 2, Facilities-Engineering Group, to provide administrative support and coordination for the group. Will perform a variety of administrative duties for an assigned team and work collaboratively with peers to provide cross-functional support to the other teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching and responding to requests related to work-area policies, procedures, and projects; preparing and editing correspondence and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining accurate files; coordinating complex meetings; initiating purchase orders and tracking expenses using SAP
- And working with peers to research, develop, and implement best practices to standardize processes within the division. Will also perform general office duties such as mail distribution, copying, faxing, etc.
REQUIRED: a high school diploma or its equivalent; at least three years secretarial, office, or related experience; a general understanding of own work and how it impacts operations outside own work unit and the ability to recognize the needs of the unit and how it impacts other areas at MIT and to understand own role relative to all areas; advanced-level computer software skills and ability to easily negotiate internet and performs searches; and excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to represent the work area and the larger MIT community. Job #17998-5
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.