Medical Research Specialist, Anatomy
This is a technical position which involves a variety of tasks related to the daily operations of cellular and molecular biology research laboratory in the Department of Anatomy. The tasks will include animal handling, cell biology methods (including microscopy and cell culture) and molecular biology procedures.
- Prepares laboratory solutions
- Conducts experiments and research procedures
- Uses various microscopy methods for animal and human cells and tissues
- Conducts cell culture procedures (growth and maintenance of mammalian cell lines, …).
- Performs basic cellular biology techniques using immunocytochemistry and fluorescence/confocal microscopy
- Extracts proteins from cells and tissues for western blot analysis
- Isolates DNA/RNA for various molecular procedures (including gel electrophoresis, reverse transcription, PCR, qPCR)
- Maintain mouse colonies
- Perform basic surgeries and injection techniques in mice
- Records and analyzes data files from experimental procedures
- Maintains lab stocks and solutions and inventory of supplies
- Orders lab chemicals and consumables as needed
- Trains undergraduate and graduate students
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a relevant scientific field OR Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology OR course-based Master's degree PLUS 3-4 years experience.
- Appropriate thesis-based Master's degree PLUS 1-2 years of experience.
- Animal model experimentation
- Master degree
- Theoretical knowledge in cellular and molecular biology and stem cell biology
- Experience in performing cell biology and biochemical laboratory techniques
- Experience using microscopes (light, fluorescence, confocal, and electron microscopes).
- Experience performing molecular biology techniques including PCR, RNA preparation/extraction and gel electrophoresis
- Ability to read, comprehend and discuss research data and articles
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Knowledge of computer and word processing/database/spreadsheet software.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good oral and written communication and training skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in English
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Anatomy - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED