Senior Lecturer, Animal and Veterinary Biosciences, Teaching Focused
2 days left
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing role
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $116,152 - $133,420 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About the role
The Department of Animal, Plant and Soil Sciences, is expected to collaborate with colleagues from across the School of Life Sciences and the College of Science, Health and Engineering, and with a range of external partners. To find out more information about the department and what we offer to our students, please visit our website here
The appointee will expected to coordinate and teach undergraduate subjects and degree courses in Animal and Veterinary Biosciences, and to lead the development of new postgraduate strategic teaching and training initiatives aligned with the Centre for Livestock Interactions with Pathogens.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent accreditation in a relevant discipline area along with expertise in animal science, with an emphasis on production and/or captive animals;
- Extensive teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination experience as demonstrated by your ability to provide leadership at a course/program level;
- A passion for the design and delivery of innovative curriculum
- The ability to prioritise and lead the embedding of employability capabilities for the students into curriculum
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 20th October 2019
Position Enquiries: Dr Tony Gendall , TEL: 9032 7466 Email: email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558714 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.