Veterinarian in Small Animal Practice
- The Sydney School of Veterinary Science invites applications for Veterinarian in Small Practice who will provide a proficient Primary Care service to small animals (Two Positions Available)
- Located at Camperdown Campus in the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney (UVTHS)
- Full-time or Part-time (38 hours per week), Fixed Term up to 12 Months, Base Salary: $93,484 p.a. - $100,782 p.a. pro-rata (if applicable) Level 6, plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Reporting to, the Unit Head of the Primary Care service, the Veterinarian in Small Animal Practice position provides veterinary services in small animal practice to first-opinion clients of UVTHS and builds the client base and profile of the service and thereby the whole hospital. They will support the delivery of the learning outcomes of DVM4 students and provide close supervision of veterinary undergraduate’s interns rotating through the service.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Veterinarian who has a:
- Degree in veterinary medicine registrable in NSW (or equivalent) and postgraduate experience in small animal practice (minimum of 2 years).
- Membership of the Australian College of Veterinary Scientists or willingness to complete Memberships within 2 years of appointment
- Willingness to contribute to regular Saturday and late shift rosters.
The successful candidate will work closely with the other team-members of UVTHS to deliver the strategic plan for the hospital and develop strategies for growth.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney is ranked 1st in the Southern hemisphere and 9th in the world among veterinary schools (QS rankings, 2019). The SSVS provides a DVM and a range of postgraduate degree programs in veterinary and associated disciplines, with the Teaching Hospitals providing the clinical learning experience for undergraduate students and staff engaged in professional training programs. The hospitals are also commercial centres and provide a range of veterinary services to the public. The Referral Medicine Unit provides care to referral clients and patients.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1795/0919F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, 22 September 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.