Research Associate, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
We seek to fill position of a Research Associate in a funded project at Khalifa University. The project primarily deals with integrating incentive mechanisms and trust models to crowd sensing platforms. In this work, trust-based models will be designed, developed, and tested to verify that the data submitted by the workers in crowd sensing systems can be trusted.
The successful candidate will be expected to –
- Study existing trust models used in crowd sensing systems.
- Study the correlation of the crowd sensed data to determine its trustworthiness.
- Develop a model representation of crowd sensing system.
- Develop, model, and evaluate novel trust-based model to improve selection and sensing
- outcome for crowd sensing systems.
In addition, the candidate will lead the project from start to finish. The candidate will also be expected to publish in reputed journals and present in internationally renowned conferences
The candidate will be expected to contribute, as needed, in the departmental and university work and activities
The applicant should have strong Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) background and will be expected to have a masters degree in ECE with good academic record and research experience
Experience in -
- Crowdsensing and IoT systems
- MATLAB and computer programing.
- Modeling and developing algorithms.
How To Apply
- CV + Research Statement Interest
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).