Associate Program Director (Pediatrics Residency)
Associate Program Director (Pediatrics Residency)
This material contains information that is confidential and proprietary of VinUniversity. Recipient may not distribute, copy, print or repeat information in the document.
Position Associate Program Director (Pediatrics Residency Program)
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and recognized university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching; and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity Project has resulted from the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health science education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the QS 5-star rating standards and will include the following colleges within the University: a College of Business & Management (including Hospitality, and Real Estate); a College of Engineering and Computer Science; a College of Health Sciences. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is “to create a better life for the Vietnamese people.” In 2016, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing) and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018). Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, society, and nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21 century and beyond for Vietnam.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs at VinUni and Vinmec International Hospitals are aligned to international standards and customized for the Vietnam health care context. The program has embedded a competency-based curriculum framework to be well-positioned for international accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education International (ACGME-I). This model of graduate medical education training is rooted on regular evaluation of 6 key competency areas for each resident trainee as well as graduated clinical responsibility and supervision. This prepares graduates to be highly-skilled and knowledgeable physicians who are competitive to either enter directly into independent practice or to further their clinical training in various areas of specialization. The VinUni and Vinmec GME programs will apply the latest evidence based teaching and learning methods including a 6-month foundational clinical skills curriculum, clinical teaching in both inpatient and outpatient settings, regular teaching conferences, patient simulation center experiences, and opportunities for research and scholarly pursuits.
This is a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing GME program with VinUniversity Health Sciences and Vinmec International Hospital. The position is a full-time faculty appointment with clinical responsibilities and a competitive start-up package.
Reports to: Pediatric Residency Program Director
- A dynamic mix of direct patient care, clinical teaching, and administrative duties.
- Supports the development, implementation and review of a competency based pediatrics residency curriculum.
- Leads in the area of assessment and evaluation for faculty and residents.
- Leads the collaboration with other clinical training sites (National Children’s Hospital, others).
- Contributes to the implementation of the Pediatrics Residency Program through other related duties as assigned by the Residency Program Director.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A medical degree from a recognized university
- Successful completion of a residency program in Pediatrics or Neonatology including advanced subspecialty training.
- Active and unrestricted medical license to practice in Vietnam.
- At least 2 years of independent clinical practice.
- Excellent organizational skills and excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, e.g. IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0 for residents from non-English speaking countries.
- Board certification in Pediatrics, Neonatology or advanced pediatric subspecialties
- Current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Medical education experience teaching medical students or residents
- Research publications in peer reviewed journals
- Prior experience with program administration or management
- Verbal communication skills in Vietnamese
WORK PERMIT AND MEDICAL LICENSE
All foreign- trained medical doctors will need to apply for a work permit, residence card and medical license with the Vietnam Ministry of Labor and Ministry of Health. These requirements are mandated by the Government and may be over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work Permit and Medical License requirements are subject to change.
VinUniversity will facilitate the process upon selection.
VinUniversity offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. Faculty rank and salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience, regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of origin, or religious background.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: Vin University will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: Vin University will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: Employees arriving with children may have concerns about how their families will fit in with their new life in Vietnam. Vin University will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschool.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to email@example.com . Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning August 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee.
Apply for Associate Program Director (Pediatrics Residency)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly