Senior/Lecturer/Associate Professor in Psychology and Medical Ethics
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (PSYCHOLOGY AND MEDICAL ETHICS)
Position Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor (Psychology and Medical Ethics)
Company Vin University
Location Hanoi, Vietnam
VinUniversity is a newly developed, private, non-profit university in Hanoi, Vietnam. It was established by Vingroup with a mission to be the first world-class, internationally accredited and recognized university in Vietnam. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching and to produce graduates and research that contribute to developing the key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity Project has resulted from the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. Cornell provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering, and Technology; and Penn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty hiring. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. Penn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health science education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the 5-star rating standards of QS Stars and will include the following colleges within the University: a College of Business (including Hospitality and Real Estate); a College of Engineering and Computer Science; and a College of Health Sciences. The University will be an English Medium Instruction (EMI) institution and plans to open for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020.
Vingroup was established in Ukraine in 1993 by Vietnamese, who were living in the Ukraine. Upon its relocation to Vietnam, the venture officially became Vingroup Joint Stock Company in 2012. Vingroup’s mission is to create a better life for the Vietnamese people. In 2016 and 2017, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine). Today, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas, including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing), and smart technology. In 2016, education and healthcare became not-for-profit value-based systems.
Mr. Pham Nhat Vuong is the founder and chairman of Vingroup, which has $3.97 billion USD in net revenue (2017) and a largest market capitalization value of $13.6 billion USD in Vietnam (2018). Chairman Vuong is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam and firmly believes that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, a society, and a nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21st century and beyond for Vietnam.
This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and educational programs in the College of Health Sciences at newly established VinUniversity.
The successful candidate will lead the Psychology and Medical Ethics component of the six year MD Program commencing in 2020.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. Vingroup offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursuit a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.
Reports to: MD Program Director
- The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Penn and VinUniversity educational leaders, Directors of MD Program on all aspects of the development and implementation of the Psychology and Medical Ethics Course in the MD Program.
- Provide leadership at course level for implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency based education, student centered learning as well as evaluation.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the course ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the course.
- Participates in research activities of the MD Education Unit and engage in continuous professional development activities.
- Contributes to the implementation of MD Program through other related duties as assigned by the MD Program Director.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A medical degree from a recognized university
- Minimum 5 years teaching position in a medical school preferably in units related to medical ethics and psychology.
- Familiarity and experience using Team based Learning and/or other small group learning strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
- A track record of research in peer reviewed journals is desirable.
- Verbal communication skill in Vietnamese is a plus.
English is the language of teaching and communication at Vin University. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
All foreign employees must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid visa and work permit in Vietnam. These requirements are mandated by the Government and may be over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change.
Vin University accepts zero tolerance to non-adherence of the immigration laws of Vietnam.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see other open positions and get more information, please visit:
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide an accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, ID, driver’s license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for the employee’s children. There is a child education allowance if the children study at Vinschools.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living, and expatriates can live a very comfortable life in Vietnam with a moderate expenditure.
Apply for Senior/Lecturer/Associate Professor in Psychology and Medical Ethics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Psychology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Social Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam