PhD Scholarship in in Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
PhD Scholarship opportunities in Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University China
XJTLU offers a range of scholarships to highly motivated and qualified candidates to pursue research leading to a PhD degree. Successful applicants may receive financial support including:
- A tuition fee scholarship for up to three years
- A monthly stipend for up to three years
Students who are awarded an XJTLU PhD scholarship are normally required to undertake a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant (300–500 hours in one academic year) role during the scholarship funded period, which is an excellent opportunity to develop academic and research skills.
Currently, there are two channels for applicants to receive a PhD scholarship:
1) Apply for a scholarship for an existing funded PhD project
You can apply for an existing PhD project which has received funds from the University or external funding bodies. These projects have an established research topic and a formed supervisory team. You can check the individual PhD programme for information about specific projects available or contact potential supervisors to discuss funding opportunities.
There is no specific application deadline for each project, which will open until the position is filled. The start date of a PhD programme is normally the first day of March, June, September, or December. The application procedure can be found here.
2) Bring your own research project proposal and apply for a scholarship, if your research area falls into one of the three following categories: Business, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Design.
Detailed research areas and application requirements can be accessed here (Scroll down to the bottom for PHD Scholarship section):
There will be two application rounds for each academic year:
First round– applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 October will be reviewed in the first round and the successful scholarship recipients will be announced in December.
Second round– applications submitted by 17:00 CST(UTC+8), 15 April will be reviewed in the second round and the successful scholarship recipients will be announced in June.
Should you be interested in the scholarship or have any enquiries, please e-mail Graduate School at DoctoralStudies@xjtlu.edu.cn.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Grants & Scholarships jobs in China
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Grants & Scholarships jobs in China
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Grants & Scholarships jobs in China
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Grants & Scholarships jobs in China
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Grants & Scholarships jobs in China