Associate Professor - International Political Economy of the Asia-Pacific
The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a Graduate School of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, is a leading research and teaching institution in strategic and international affairs and policy-oriented think-tank in the Asia-Pacific region. The School invites applications for the following tenure-track position:
in the following specialization:
International Political Economy of the Asia-Pacific
RSIS seeks to recruit a mid-career scholar at the Associate Professor level. Applicants should be able to conduct interdisciplinary research pertaining to international political economy with a focus on Asia-Pacific. A relevant PhD and a good publication record commensurate with the level of appointment are essential requirements. Experience in policy-relevant research and publication would be useful.
The successful candidate will join the school’s Centre for Multilateralism Studies and International Political Economy Programme. He/she is expected to contribute to and play an active leadership role in the School's and Centre’s teaching, research, and think-tank work streams, which may involve:
- Teaching up to three (3) courses and supervising graduate students in the School's Master of Science and PhD programmes
- Conducting individual and team research as well as policy-oriented projects
- Teaching in and organizing short executive programmes
- Organizing conferences, seminars and events
- Engaging and managing the School’s relationships with diverse stakeholders
The initial appointment will be for four (4) years, with further contracts to be considered by the relevant School Reappointment Committee.
All applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter specifying how your qualifications match the job description;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (including records of competitive grants, fellowships, and graduate supervision, if applicable);
- Statements of research and teaching interests and teaching evaluation;
- Three (3) published articles or writing samples;
- Contact information of at least 4 referees of the rank of Professor;
- A completed Application for Employment form (Download the application form HERE)
If you are interested, please write in (or email) to:
The Search Committee
S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
Nanyang Technological University
Block S4, Level B4,
50 Nanyang Avenue
Applications will close on 31 October 2019.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information about RSIS, please visit our website at: www.rsis.edu.sg