Lecturer/Senior Lecturer - Coaching Psychology
- Opportunity to provide and to inform innovative teaching and pedagogical practices in coaching psychology
- Full-time continuing employment, based in the School of Psychology
- Academic Level B or C: Base Salary $106K-$150k p.a. plus annual leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
The School of Psychology at the University of Sydney invites applications for an Education focused Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Coaching Psychology position. Reporting to the Head of School, this position primarily contributes to teaching and supervision in the Master of Coaching Psychology program. Education-focused is a specialised category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. The candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within the School/ Faculty and will be on a trajectory towards leadership in educational design and delivery. A Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Education-focused) is expected to dedicate the majority of their contribution to education but will play a significant role in research and governance, leadership and outreach as well.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting ambitious talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer who has:
- A PhD or equivalent in coaching psychology, applied positive psychology or closely related discipline, with a good publication record and successful external grant applications also an asset
- Significant experience applying coaching or positive psychology in workplace settings, utilising up-to-date knowledge, techniques and current industry trends
- Deep and broad experience in teaching and supervising in a tertiary environment, with capacity to stimulate and actively engage an audience using a range of media, and coordinate curriculum and team teaching activities
- A developing network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders
Ideally, the successful candidate’s area of teaching and research will complement the current staffing profile in the unit and teaching needs of the Master of Coaching Psychology program, as well as the new advanced coursework curriculum being developed for a broader range of students from around the University.
This position is within the School of Psychology at the University of Sydney.
The School was the first established psychology department in Australia and has a proud history of excellence that characterizes all of its research and educational activities. In the last international QS ranking the school was ranked in the top 15 psychology departments in the world. More information about the School’s research profile and course offerings can be found on the School website.
The Coaching Psychology Unit at the University of Sydney is the world’s first university-based Coaching Psychology Unit and developed the first established university masters level program in coaching worldwide. The Coaching Psychology Unit is recognised internationally for its innovative and rigorous development of evidence-based approaches to coaching psychology and applied positive psychology and is renowned for establishing the early research base for the discipline internationally. More information about the Coaching Psychology Unit is available on the School website.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1649/0819C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 30 September 2019 (Sydney Time)