Faculty Opening: Computer Science and Management Information Systems
Faculty Openings at Ashesi University: Computer Science and Management Information Systems
Ashesi University’s Head of Computer Science and Management Information Systems is seeking full-time and part-time faculty to teach in the department.
Ashesi’s mission is to propel an African renaissance by educating ethical, entrepreneurial leaders with the concern, courage, and compassion needed to transform their continent. Located in Ghana, this non-profit, multidisciplinary university combines a rigorous liberal arts core with degree programs in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi is a recognised centre of educational excellence and innovation in Ghana and is a high-impact contributor in Africa’s higher education landscape.
Faculty at Ashesi make high-impact contributions to Ashesi’s mission and are recognised as thought leaders in academia and industry. As a 'teacher' at Ashesi, you will be helping shape our curriculum, strengthening our teaching and learning model, and working with some of the brightest students across Africa. And as a scholar, you will be working with motivated colleagues and students to uncover new knowledge in your chosen field.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related fields; a master’s degree with relevant teaching experience will also be considered for adjunct and assistant lecturer positions
- Willingness to work on a team to develop an innovative and world class curriculum
- Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
- Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
- Expertise and ability to teach and develop courses in one or more of the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, and related areas;
- Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, Parallel Computing, and related areas;
- Cryptography, Computer Systems Security, and related areas;
- IT Infrastructure, Networks, and related areas.
- This expertise should be combined with one or both of the following:
- Strong programming skills, preferably in at least two languages (including Python/Java/C++) and/or web application development skills (server-side scripting or full stack development)
- Expertise in Computer Science fundamentals such as Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Algorithm Analysis
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application
- Brief overview of research interests (optional for part-time faculty)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one to two-page statement of teaching philosophy, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching and learning
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counselling capabilities or potential
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashesi University does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Ashesi University is building a faculty and staff committed to excellence and equity and encourages applications from people who value same.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar.
Kindly follow the link below to apply through our application portal: Apply Here