Professor/Assistant/Associate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Faculty Openings at Ashesi University: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Ashesi University’s Ag. Dean of Engineering is seeking full-time and part-time faculty to teach in the department.
Ashesi’s mission is to propel an African renaissance by educating ethical, entrepreneurial leaders with the concern, courage, and compassion needed to transform their continent. Located in Ghana, this non-profit, multidisciplinary university combines a rigorous liberal arts core with degree programs in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi is a recognised centre of educational excellence and innovation in Ghana and is a high-impact contributor in Africa’s higher education landscape.
Faculty at Ashesi make high-impact contributions to Ashesi’s mission and are recognised as thought leaders in academia and industry. As a 'teacher' at Ashesi, you will be helping shape our curriculum, strengthening our teaching and learning model, and working with some of the brightest students across Africa. And as a scholar, you will be working with motivated colleagues and students to uncover new knowledge in your chosen field.
Our Engineering Programme is designed to educate engineers with a broad range of skills that will allow them to tap into ideas beyond any one engineering field; and enable them to be entrepreneurs who can see through challenges and find solutions within our local context. Ashesi-educated engineers must be ethical and responsible and must discern the short- and long-term effects of their decisions on society and the environment. They also have to be leaders who can communicate their ideas and work with teams to solve problems.
We are looking for faculty who themselves are makers, hands-on, and are comfortable with workshop fabrication machinery (manual and/or CNC mills, lathes) as well as digital fabrication equipment, like 3D printers, etcetera.
- A PhD in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or other related qualifications
- Willingness to work on a team to strengthen innovative, world class curriculum
- Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
- Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
- Demonstrated capability in the use of advanced engineering software
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction (undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus)
- Strong ethical posture
Ability to design and deliver any of the courses listed below (but also willing to teach across the curriculum) through experiential pedagogies
- Electrical Machines & Power Electronics
- High voltage systems.
- Power Generation and Distribution System, Energy Systems
- Control Systems
- Measurements & Instrumentation
- Industrial Automation
- Other courses such as Digital Signal Processing, Communication Systems
- Electives in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application
- Brief overview of research interests
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one to two-page statement of teaching philosophy, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching and learning
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counselling capabilities or potential
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashesi University does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Ashesi University is building a faculty and staff committed to excellence and equity and encourages applications from people who value same.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar.
Kindly follow the link below to apply through our application portal: Apply Here