Academic School Role with the School of Biomedical Engineering
- Join a growing Faculty and be part of a University that places amongst the world’s best teaching and research institutions.
- Located in the heart of Sydney’s bustling inner west quarter, close to beaches, parks, public transport and shopping districts
- Seeking outstanding Academics to provide leadership and help create a world-class, internationally recognised Faculty for research and education excellence
About the opportunity
The School of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Sydney is searching for faculty members at all levels and in all areas of biomedical research with preference for candidates in fields of neural regeneration and medical imaging.
Successful candidates are expected to develop an independent research program, engage in collaborations within and outside the University, participate in both undergraduate and graduate teaching and curriculum development, and contribute to the administration of the School and the University.
Candidates should submit a CV, a research statement and a teaching statement, and the names and email addresses of three references (for lecturer and senior lecturer positions) and six references (for associate and full professor positions). The School seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty, and encourages women to apply.
Applications will be reviewed starting on November 15.
Term and Remuneration
Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation and confirmation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration and startup package will be negotiated dependent on level of appointment.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1744/0918C to apply.
Closing date: 11.30 pm 01 December 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Permanent General Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Sydney
- Permanent General Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Sydney
- Permanent General Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent General Engineering Tutors jobs in Sydney