Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor – Jindal School of Government & Public Policy
Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor – Jindal School of Government & Public Policy (JSGP)
About the University:
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 5000 students and 900 faculty and staff members representing more than 30 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts, Journalism, Art & Architecture and Banking & Finance.
JGU is the youngest university in the world ranked by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in Top 800 in the World and in Top 150 in the World (under 50 years of age).
JGU is recommended by the University Grants Commission for the “Institution of Eminence”
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curriculum, global collaborations, global research and global programmes
JSGP is looking for a qualified candidate in following courses/fields-
- Political Science
- Behavioral Economics
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/ graduate courses, conduct research, mentor students and engage in school and university level activities.
The candidate will also be expected to have a scholarly research program in his/her field of expertise that could involve undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching & scholarship and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
The successful candidate will value collegiality and service to their department/institution along with the demonstrated capacity to teach undergraduate courses. At JGU, we value
interdisciplinary approach and experiential learning, and therefore, we expect the successful candidate to have strong inclination towards these.
Qualification & Experience:
- Doctorate in the related discipline at the time of application.
- University-level teaching experience in areas related to the focus of the position
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body.
Knowledge & Abilities: The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes.
Preferred Qualifications §Ability and experience in collaborating with faculty and community partners. §Record of funded research projects. §Overseas Qualification and International experience. Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive; commensurate with education and experience.
We offer university accommodation, health coverage, retirement benefits, conference & research grants and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic programs and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community.
Application process is ongoing until the successful candidate is found.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching & research)
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent)
Submit your applications to email@example.com