Visiting Associate Professor - Centre for Business Management
The University is looking for a qualified and experienced individual for the position stated below:
The position is tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye, Botswana.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed term contract of up to twelve (12) months.
CENTRE FOR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND GENERAL EDUCATION
VISITING ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Main Purpose of the Job
- Develop and implement a BIUST Teaching and Learning Strategy for STEM subjects aimed at inculcating a culture of adopting and using student-centered learning approaches such as problem-based learning in the BIUST curricula for delivery by all staff.
- To train and educate all BIUST academic staff on problem-based learning as a student-centered learning approach.
- To sensitize BIUST students on problem-based learning and other student-centered learning approaches as a way of enhancing their learning, creativity, innovation, problem-solving abilities, teamwork skills and other soft skills.
- To provide leadership and manage research activities within the discipline.
- To give leadership and establish a Department of Teaching and Learning in the Centre of Business Management, Entrepreneurship and General Education.
- To provide leadership and vision for the continuous improvement of teaching and learning at BIUST.
- To develop strategies, services, and support for academic staff for effective teaching practices and student success.
- To facilitate collaborative initiatives and form partnerships with academic and support units and will have a range of duties and functions for advancing the scholarship and pedagogy of teaching with BIUST partners.
- To create and promote a vision that leads the advancement of learning, educational innovation and leadership by developing and implementing best practices and research-based solutions. This includes technology integration, instructional technology and research-based pedagogical approaches.
- To provide leadership in supporting academic effectiveness and serve as a lead expert resource in teaching and learning.
- The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Director of Quality Management
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Teaching and Learning of STEM subjects or relevant discipline (emphasis
- must be on the practice and use of student-centered learning approaches in the
- teaching and learning of STEM subjects) and;
- A Master’s degree in Teaching and Leaning of STEM subjects or relevant discipline.
The candidate must have:
- Knowledge of pedagogy, high impact practices, problem-based and other active learning strategies. Educational technology and undergraduate research.
- Demonstrated experience in creating collaborative learning communities for faculty/instructors to enhance student learning.
- Six (6) years post-doctoral experience in either teaching/lecturing/research
- or in the relevant field or discipline, at least four (4) of which must be in Graduate
- supervision. Experience in teaching at tertiary level for at least three (3) years.
The position requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Computer proficiency appropriate to the discipline
- Excellent knowledge of the academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities and service
- Communication skills- to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Effective interpersonal skills and delivery techniques to interact with, engage and inspire students and staff
- Ability to manage & analyse information
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
- A sustained and recent record of peer reviewed publications and other research output over at least a six-year period.
- Experience of obtaining external research funding
- National recognition in own field of expertise
- Advanced ability to work collaboratively with internal and external peer and managers.
- Highly skilled fund-raising experience.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results.
- Advanced ability to think creatively and independently on concepts requiring advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative, budgetary, human resources and financial principles and practices.
- Academic background and experience in selected area of research.
- Knowledge of research, best practices, and emerging trends in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL).
- Demonstrated understanding of learning theories and assessment including course and program learning outcomes, scholarly research practices, teaching practices and teaching technology.
- Experience with campus collaboration to design learning experiences
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter, certified copies of certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Mr. Abram and Tshegofatso Kesamang @ (+267) 4931310/ 4931305.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
CLOSING DATE: THE POSITION REMAINS OPEN UNTIL IS FILLED
Apply for Visiting Associate Professor - Centre for Business Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly