Catering - Founders
Salary: £24,151 to £28,377 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Friday 06 September 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Full time, Permanent
Royal Holloway University of London is a unique and exciting venue catering for circa 10,000 students in a range of Restaurants, Cafes and Bars and an award winning conference and wedding venue.
Are you passionate about food? Do you have an outgoing personality with the creative flair to help develop exciting menus for our students during term time as well as providing a fine dining experience for our visitors? Then this may be the role for you!
We are looking for an experienced, energetic sous chef to join our Catering team. The position offers excellent career progression for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate must be motivated by people, with a passion for food and able to support other members of the team. You must be able to stay highly focused during intense service periods whilst maintaining attention to detail.
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A real passion for food and creative flair
- Excellent craft skills
- Proven experience in a Sous Chef role
- Experience in high volume catering and fine dining
- High level of Good customer service skills and Communication Skills
- Appropriate Craft and Health and Safety Qualifications
- A “can do” attitude
As a Sous Chef you will be part of a team developing:
- an excellent customer experience to all our students, staff and visitors
- Menu planning and Costings
- Kitchen processes and team training
This is a full time position, 35 hours per week for 52 weeks per year and is available immediately.
This post is available in Egham, Surrey where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Training and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Various schemes including Cycle to Work, Season Ticket Loans and help with the cost of Eyesight testing.
- Free parking
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the reference: 0519-197
Closing Date: 6 September 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that it will not be possible for the College to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful candidates as this role does not fall into one of the standard occupational codes deemed eligible for sponsorship by UK Visas and Immigration and the pro-rata salary will not meet the minimum threshold set by UK Visas and Immigration. Successful candidates will therefore need to be eligible to work in the UK or have limited leave to remain in the UK and associated right to work for the duration of their employment with the College, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.