Teacher in Agriculture
Position Status: Continuing/Fixed-Term, Full-Time/Part-Time
Position Supervisor: Qualification Coordinator
Number of Positions Supervised: Directly: Nil Indirectly: Nil
Job Family Category: Teacher
Develop and deliver quality learning services to a wide range of students through:
- Outcome focused vocational education and training programs.
- Linking with industry, schools, other universities, other TAFE and VET providers.
- Maintaining currency with industry practices, workplace delivery and contemporary teaching methodologies and philosophies.
- Working in an environment of change and continuous improvement.
You are responsible for:
- Developing and delivering teaching and learning programs for classroom, industry, distance and web-based clients.
- Developing effective working relationships with students, client groups and University staff by participating in meetings, industry reference groups, student events and University forums.
- Using flexible, blended and distributed learning techniques, options and products for innovative delivery and assessment solutions to meet the changing needs of various client groups.
- Contributing to the review, development and implementation of training packages/syllabus, course content and teaching and learning resources.
- Coordinating and participating in quality improvement activities including student evaluations, assessment instruments and internal systems to meet audit, legislative and industry requirements.
- Maintaining a high level of quality in the performance of all duties, ensuring adherence to the quality systems documentation and continually seeking improvements in the way in which work is undertaken.
- Participating in the coordination of teaching programs, marketing activities and strategies, administration of teaching resources and associated record keeping in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Driving a compliant approach by working within the frameworks associated with Vocational Education and Training including:
- the VET policy context
- the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- the Further Education and Training Act and
- the Pre-qualified Supplier contracts
- Undertaking a range of administrative functions, the majority of which are connected to the courses in which the teaching staff deliver, including but not limited to taking responsibility for administrative duties associated with development/delivery of courses, entering participation and results, students management, and continuous improvement of course delivery.
Incumbents will need to exhibit the knowledge and educational requirements, skills and experience requirements, critical capabilities and motivational and job fit attributes required for the position.
Applicants, please provide detailed examples of how you exhibit the knowledge and education, skills and experience, critical capabilities and motivational and job fit attributes required for the position when preparing your responses to the selection criteria. Please refer to Job Application Form for instructions on how to respond to selection criteria.
Knowledge and Education
- Knowledge of the education and training sector and the ability to positively respond to new directions and demands of the training market.
- Possession of relevant vocational qualification/s at the level equivalent to or higher than the level to be delivered: industry qualification (certificate, trade certificate, diploma, degree or masters).
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education, or equivalent.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated capacity for best practice in the management of teaching and learning activities including delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Working effectively as a team member, with demonstrated capacity for leadership and selfmanagement and an ability to accept, promote and manage change.
- Commitment to professional and self-development with a focus on qualifications/skills update and contemporary industry practices including safe, equitable and anti-discriminatory work practices.
- Using well developed interpersonal and communication skills to deliver flexible, responsive and quality client service.
- Demonstrated current industry skills directly relevant to the training/assessment being undertaken.
- Demonstrates resilience by adapting to new situations.
Engages and connects
- Maintains industry networks and connections to the advantage of the University.
Personal drive and integrity
- Seeks out opportunities for personal and professional development and additional responsibility in order to learn new skills and grow.
Shapes the future
- Understands the contribution of operational actions to the strategic goals.
Communicates with influence
- Uses appropriate, unambiguous language to communicate key points.
Other job requirements
- You may be required to work across all CQUniversity locations.
- Travel and overnight absences from your base location may be required.
- You will be actively supported as an individual and will have access to a range of flexible work options, an employee assistance program and learning and development opportunities.
- VET Teacher positions working within workshops will be required to work in, or in the vicinity of a ‘hearing protection use area’. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a baseline audiometric test within two months of commencement, and be retested on a two yearly basis (at no cost to the employee). Upon cessation of employment with CQUniversity employees will be required to undertake a final audiometric test.