Information Technology Support Technician
Division/School IT Support
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary £26,243 - £29,515 per annum
Closing date for applications 03-Sep-2019
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician to work as part of the Faculty IT Support (FITS) Teams within our Support group.
You will report to the FITS Team Manager or designated deputy and will be responsible for providing first and second line technical support to the University. This may include liaising with colleagues in other teams within IT Services as well as other divisions of Professional Services.
The role will initially be based in a FITS Team that provides support to the Faculties of Arts; and Social Sciences and Law; and the Professional Services Divisions. The areas of support are spread across multiple buildings and there is an expectation you will be working flexibly across all University locations. Over time you may be asked to work permanently or temporarily within other teams in the Support Group.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be required to:
- Perform hardware/software fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Place orders and liaise with suppliers.
- Coordinate equipment moves.
- Build new devices (primarily Windows, but some Mac and Linux exposure would be a benefit).
- Liaise with more senior members of the team and other teams within IT Services.
- Be responsible for lifecycle management of devices in the assigned areas, including:
- Arranging orders for new devices
- Redeployment of devices
- Coordinating equipment disposal via standard processes.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation as used by members of the FITS, the Service Desk and 3rd Line Support teams.
- Be an advocate for user needs, whilst being prepared to constructively challenge requests which counter existing IT Services policy.
- Liaise with the relationship management team as and where necessary.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement to enhance service delivery within the team.
- Work with the other IT teams to ensure services are delivered consistently across all areas of the Support group, developing policy and standard processes as and when necessary.
Interviews will be held in late mid-September. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further details of the role. The closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 3rd September.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.