Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 30/08/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Operations - Registry & Scheduling - Planning & Scheduling
This role will be Monday to Friday 7.5 hours on shifts between 7:00 and 18:00 plus occasional shift weekends (as per agreed overtime policy) to provide telephone enquiry service for scheduling queries.
- To assist the efficient and effective operation of a centralised scheduling process across all of BPP, establishing and reviewing the methodology involved
- To ensure that all BPP teaching and other events in BPP buildings (across all Schools and regions) are appropriately scheduled and effectively utilise the space available within agreed timelines.
- To assist in maintaining the schedule on an ongoing basis, making changes as required according to business need.
- To assist in the provision of an ad-hoc rooms booking service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Policy and Process
- To formulate, document and keep under review policies and procedures for the scheduling of BPP teaching and other activities, ensuring appropriate and effective use is made of IT applications and that scheduling methodologies are appropriate.
- To liaise with Schools in relation to the scheduling process, establishing and communicating clear timelines for the production of the teaching schedule and ensuring deadlines are met.
- To ensure that specialist software is used appropriately and to its full extent.
Schedule Production and Maintenance
- To produce the teaching schedule for each term and to ensure that it is made available in an appropriate format to all relevant parties.
- To liaise with Schools over their scheduling requirements, working in particular with Schools where specific problems arise and seeking ways of resolving the problems.
- To manage the maintenance of the schedule on an ongoing basis, making changes as required according to business need.
- To provide a scheduling enquiry service, answering queries by telephone or email according to business need.
- To oversee the process for ad hoc room bookings, reviewing and documenting the procedures and ensuring the optimum use of the space available.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Experience of working in a professional academic support setting to deliver timetabling/scheduling services at a high level
- Knowledge (of structure and nature) of a significant proportion of our current products.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are essential. This role will include a significant amount of liaison with senior stakeholders from around the business.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to review & organize both their priorities and others
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Drive, creativity and ownership
- Resilient with an ability to prioritise an extensive, changing and diverse workload
- Excellent IT Skills, MS Office, Advanced Excel, knowledge of scheduling systems, e.g. Scientia.
- High level analytical and problem solving skills