The Cancer Bioinformatics group (http://cancerbioinformatics.co.uk/), School of Cancer and Pharmaceutical Sciences, at King's College London, is currently seeking a Research Associate with expertise in machine learning methods to join our efforts in integrating digital image analysis with RNA-sequencing data of lymph nodes of breast cancer. This position will function under the supervision of Dr. Anita Grigoriadis.
This position offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary environment. He or she will join an ongoing research program that aims at implementing algorithms and software tools for the integrative analysis of H&E images and multi-omics data from both mouse model systems and patient studies of breast cancers. The project will entail developing innovative computational strategies for integrating features extracted from digital images, multiplexed immunohistochemistry, and gene expression profiling data.
Applicants should have a strong computational background and a good understanding of biological data. Excellent programming, data analysis and machine learning skills are required. Experience with digital image analyses or RNA sequencing data is desirable. The ideal candidate should be passionate about translational research and be highly motivated to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The post will be based in Dr Grigoriadis Cancer Bioinformatics Team at the Cancer Centre, Guy's Hospital Campus, and will also involve interaction with colleagues based at the University College London and the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 12 months.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent.
The selection process will include a panel interview, an assessment and a presentation.
More searches like this
- $80,001 - $100,000 Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)
- $80,001 - $100,000 Fixed Term Computer Science Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)
- $80,001 - $100,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)
- $80,001 - $100,000 Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)
- $80,001 - $100,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in London (Greater)