Division/School Sport Facilities and Operations
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full or Part time
Salary £18,688 - £20,836 per annum (pro rata)
Closing date for applications 01-Sep-2019
The University is seeking an experienced lifeguard to work at the University of Bristol’s Swimming Pool. As part of the role the Lifeguard will work as part of a team of Lifeguards to ensure the efficient, effective and safe utilisation of the Swimming Pool and deliver an excellent customer experience for students, staff and external customers.
This role will include poolside supervision, cleaning of wetside areas and the cover of reception as part of a daily rota.
Post 1 35 hours per week
Post 2 30.75 hours per week
Post 3 14 hours per week
- Any shift over 6 hours is entitles to a 30 minute unpaid break
The University recognises sport as a distinctive part of campus life and student experience, and an important vehicle for personal development and for extending its wider community engagement. It recently reviewed its strategic priorities and identified the following four areas as priorities (in order of importance):
- Increasing student participation levels in sport and healthy activities.
- Improving performance in student sporting competition through the continued development of an elite sport environment.
- Provide staff with opportunities to access sporting facilities or undertake healthy activities
- External and community usage of facilities.
This post is an opportunity for an ambitious sports industry professional to help shape the next game-changing phase of sport and physical activity development at the University of Bristol.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday the 1st September.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.