Sports and Recreation Coordinator, Student Leadership, Student Affairs, Female Only
The Student Leadership Department is looking for an incumbent for the position of Sports and Recreation Coordinator to enhance the profile of sport at the university, which includes the development of sports program, including intercollegiate sports teams, an intramural program, physical recreational and wellness; Increase participation and quality of participation in sport and physical recreation, create and oversee community service and engagement projects through sports. This position will positively reinforce student retention and engagement in campus life and focus on the enrichment of student life.
Program development and coordination; Event management; Community Service.
- Enhance and coordinate the university sports and physical recreation programs.
- Coordinate and create intercollegiate sports teams for a range of sports.
- Coach and supervise at least one team sports or individual sports program.
- Initiate and maintain all necessary UAE ministry registrations for sports competitions.
- Represent the university, when needed, with Higher Education Sports Federation (HESF) and Abu Dhabi Interuniversity Sports League (ADISL).
- Develop and supervise the fitness program and group exercise classes.
- Develop an intramural and physical recreational and sports program that provides informal opportunities for self-directed fitness and sport, structured events, tournaments, meets and leagues, sports clubs, lessons, clinics and workshops, special sport and recreation events, outdoor programs and events, and fitness and training programs.
- Plan and organize special events and activities for students by assessing student interest.
- Organize student, team and individual, appreciation and achievements awards events and ceremonies.
- Promote, advertise and publish all necessary information of events, games, programs schedules and campaigns.
- Maintain records of all of sport, team and individual, and physical recreation and prepare and present reports when needed.
- Oversee inventories and equipment repairs.
- Ensure safety procedures for all events and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and needed.
Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Kinesiology, Sports Management, exercise Science, Physical Education or an equivalent qualification and a minimum of 4 years of experience in the areas of Sports, Fitness physical recreation or an equivalent combination of education, skill or experience.
Must possess intramural recreation and sports experience as well as strong student activities programming.
Desired or preferred requirements:
- Coaching Certificate in aquatics, football or racquet sports.
- Coaching Certificate in group exercise classes or personal training.
- Experience working in the academic environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.