School of Allied Health
Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Level 7, part-time (0.5 FTE) appointment on a fixed term basis until December 2020
- Salary range: $86,801 to $96,427 pro rata plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the area
The Podiatric Surgery Clinic sits within the Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in the School of Allied Health in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The clinic is a state-of-the-art surgery facility comprised of a suite of rooms with individual functions. Services are led by an experienced and highly qualified podiatric surgeon and include the diagnosis and treatment of foot conditions that require surgery. Postgraduate students in podiatric medicine and surgery treat patients under expert supervision.
About the opportunity
As the Nurse Practitioner, you will provide expertise in a wide variety of nursing duties in support of the UWA Podiatric Surgery Clinic. You will provide clinical nursing services to support the surgical suite and patient care including assistance with set up of clinic room, development of systems for safe and appropriate storage of surgical supplies, maintain stocks of surgical supplies and re-order as necessary, liaising with family and others as appropriate. You will also contribute to the planning and care management of the patient, liaising with Podiatric Medicine staff when necessary. In addition, you will work closely with the Head of Podiatric Surgery to maintain appropriate procedures and manuals (SOPs) to ensure accreditation and licensing standards are met. Implement and monitor compliance with Safety and Health policies, Radiation Safety, Infection Control, Australian / New Zealand Standards AS4187 and other regulatory standards and industry best-practice guidelines.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate
- Relevant tertiary qualification as a nurse and have current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) through Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Experience as a theatre nurse strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with a range of people at all levels and from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience with medical software packages and with instrument sterilisation procedures
About the campus
We work at one of Australia’s most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Tuesday, 27 August 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).