Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Quantitative Sciences Unit is seeking a Biostatistician 1 to work closely with senior statistician(s) to manage relevant databases as necessary, design studies, devise analysis plan, create analytic files, implement analysis plan and report and publish findings. The position described is for a highly motivated, hard-working and professional data scientist who can work closely with senior statisticians in collaborations with clinical investigators. Under senior statistician supervision, the incumbent will perform the most complex technical work associated with a wide variety of analytical data and produce routine, single data sources’ information requests. The incumbent will work closely with senior statisticians to interrogate databases for the purpose of creating analytic files, performing quality control and data cleaning, managing data and doing data analysis under supervision of a statistician.
- Design study.
- Implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
* Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with national and/or large scale datasets
- Excellent data interpretation, writing, public speaking, and graphical presentation skills.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently within given deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision of senior statistician(s)
- 1-2 years of experience in managing, analyzing, and reporting on large datasets desired
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business cycle needs.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5521
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 84268