Registered Nurse, Pediatrics, Yale Health
Bargaining Unit: None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type: Part time
Duration Type: Regular
Compensation Grade: Administration & Operations
Compensation Grade Profile: Manager; Program Leader (23)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 55 Lock Street New Haven, CT 06511
Work Week: Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family: Clinical, University Health
Total # of hours to be worked:: 20
Work Days/Hours (Other than Standard)
Part-time, 20 HRS, generally scheduled M-F, between the hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays/recess also required. Flexible scheduling during annual Flu Clinic s and may rotate to other departments such as Acute Care as needed.
In 1971, Yale University began a unique and historic experiment in providing health services to its faculty, staff and students through a multidisciplinary health maintenance organization located on campus. Now, 47 years later, Yale Health has more than 37,000 members including students, staff, faculty and their families who come from every state in the country and almost every country in the world. Yale Health has been continuously accredited by the Joint Commission since 2005 and is the proud recipient of Connecticut's Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Innovation.
Our state-of-the-art facility at 55 Lock Street, built in 2010 is where our members receive most of their care. it is a 144,000 square foot medical facility with over 90 exam rooms, a 24/7 Acute Care Department, a 17-bed inpatient facility, a diagnostic imaging suite and a full-service retail pharmacy. It houses our 150+ providers, including 111 primary and consulting physicians.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse who will work under the direction of the Nurse Manager to oversee the daily operations of the Pediatric Clinic. With a heavy emphasis on safe patient care and best clinical practices, the RN will ensure that the department's standards of patient care are consistently and continuously met. The RN will assume responsibility for incoming and follow-up patient calls that require clinical decisions and for evaluation and disposition of walk-in patients; provide care and treatment to patients per clinician's order and standing orders (CDC, ACIP and Yale Health standing orders), perform procedures at the direction of clinicians and maintain adequate vaccine stock. Position may provide direct nursing care and support in other clinics, as necessary.
Click here for more information
- The clinical nurse uses the nursing process to deliver high quality comprehensive and individualized care to members of Yale Health.
- Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to support the work of the team, unit activities, and the accomplishment of positive patient outcomes.
- Delegates responsibilities to appropriate members of the care delivery team based upon an understanding of others' roles, scope of practice, knowledge, and capabilities to ensure optimal utilization of personnel.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by being responsive to the need for change.
- Maintains a collaborative work relationship with staff members through respect and recognition of cultural and human diversity.
- Successfully completes the competency based orientation within designated time frame.
- Identifies self-learning needs and actively participates in meeting them in collaboration with the leadership team. Sets and achieves professional goals.
- Delivers excellence in patient care through compliance with all patient safety and regulatory initiatives.
- Communicates in a calm professional manner with patients, families, colleagues, members of the care team, and other hospital personnel, accepts and elicits feedback, and works toward resolving problems and clarifying issues and concerns.
- Uses resources in a fiscally sound manner.
- Compliance with University, State and federal healthcare regulations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability in an ambulatory or inpatient Pediatric facility. BLS.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Well-developed assessment, critical thinking skills and the ability to use sound independent judgment. Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work effectively and respectfully with a diverse population and as part of a collaborative and supportive team.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Computer proficiency related to the use of an electronic medical record.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent attendance, punctuality and reliability.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Three years clinical experience; competent triage skills; supervisor experience; proficiency in Epic.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Connecticut.
May require prolonged standing, walking, use of sight, hearing and touch, moving/lifting patients of varying weights. Requires keyboard use and ability to sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus