Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Bioveterinary Science
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Bioveterinary Science School of Life Sciences
Salary: From £33,199 per annum
Lecturer salary from £33,199 per annum, Senior Lecturer salary from £38,460 per annum
Closing Date: Wednesday 07 August 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Following recognition of our excellent research in REF 2014, excellent student satisfaction in the 2018 NSS (ranked 7th nationally for Student Satisfaction) and strong undergraduate and postgraduate recruitment, we are seeking to make a further appointment at Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level to expand our expertise in the area of Bioveterinary Science. This post is available on a Teaching and Research (TR) role profile and the ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong academic profile related to Bioveterinary sciences, which complements our existing expertise. Candidates with a published record in the general areas of epidemiology, parasitology, molecular virology, animal genetics or anatomy/ pathology would be most welcome, as would candidates with industrial or veterinary/ veterinary nursing experience
- Engage in pure and/or applied research within the Bioveterinary field.
- Be an excellent communicator who will complement and help develop the School’s existing innovative integrated teaching and learning, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- You will have the opportunity, and will be encouraged to work closely, with other researchers at the University, as well as external partners.
- Work closely with the other Bioveterinary lecturers to continue to develop the excellent degree on offer here.
Working with us, you will enjoy the benefits of newly refurbished and exceptionally well equipped research facilities and state of the art instrumentation. We also boast a well-equipped molecular and microbiology teaching laboratories. You will benefit from a stimulating, interdisciplinary and collegiate environment, support excellence in research and teaching and you will be part of a team that provides a popular portfolio of qualifications at BSc, MSc and PhD level based in the heart of a thriving, safe and friendly city.
The University of Lincoln is a forward-thinking, energetic institution, with a substantial commitment to growing science infrastructure. If you would like to be part of shaping our world-class vision and would like to know more about this opportunity please email Dr Colin Butter, Programme Leader for BSc Bioveterinary Science email@example.com Dr Simon Clegg, Lecturer in Bioveterinary Science firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Steve Bevan, Head of School email@example.com for more information or to arrange an informal conversation about the position.
As an institutional Athena SWAN Bronze Award holder we are committed to advancing gender equality in STEM, therefore female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.