Research Assistant in Aerospace Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department at UAEU has an international visibility. It has been ranked at 350 worldwide according to the 2018 QS Ranking. The Mechanical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of aerospace engineering. The RA will work on a 4 years’ project that focuses on modelling, simulating and analyzing the aeroelastic behavior of span morphing wings. The work involves building span morphing wings and conducting wind-tunnel testing. The RA should have a strong background in aerodynamics, aerospace structures and flight mechanics. The candidate should be familiar with conducting modelling and with setting up experiments. He/She must have excellent experience in using ANSYS, NASTRAN, CATIA, Autocad and MATLAB. The project is a collaboration between UAEU and the University of Bristol, UK. The Research Assistant will be awarded a full scholarship to complete his/her PhD studies at UAEU.
At least the following qualifications are required:
- Has a master’s in Aerospace Engineering from a reputable university
- Has good technical skills and good understanding of underlying theories.
- Has excellent communication skills and can communicate (reading, speaking and writing) fluently in English
- Has a strong background in prototyping and manufacturing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Has a Master’s in Aerospace Engineering
- Has a strong background in aerodynamics, aircraft structures and flight mechanics
- Has a passion for novel aircraft technologies
- Has good background in setting up wind-tunnel experiments
- Has good experience with designing, building and testing of small scale wings.
- Has extensively used the following software: ANSYS, MATLAB, NASTRAN, and CATIA/AUTOCAD
- Has coauthored journal and/or conference papers.
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
- Commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 30-09-2019
Job Category Staff