Research Assistant, Architectural Engineering
One position is available for part-time Research Assistant in the following project: Using Post Occupancy Evaluation for Reducing Energy Performance Gap in a University Building in UAE. The focus area of this research is using POE results to reduce the energy performance gap in the one of the university buildings of the UAE University. To achieve the main objective of this research, the POE, building audit/retro-commissioning and detailed dynamic modelling simulation methods will be applied to the case study building. Through this research, it will show that energy assessment and POE is possible to reduce the energy performance gap and POE can be also used to produce more accurate energy performance models with increase the indoor environmental quality. The research findings will extend to other university buildings to implement for reducing energy consumption with improving user comport. The RA will help in running the monitoring, surveying, simulation and analyses of results, and preparing the research report.
- B.Sc or B.Eng degree and/or M.Sc. Candidate in Architectural Engineering or related background. If the candidate has similar experience, it gives advantage.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Autodesk Revit and Cad
- Good technical writing skills
- Building Energy Performance Simulation Software experience
- Thermal Image camera analysis experience
- Indoor Environmental Quality analysis and survey experience
- MATLAB or other analysis tool experience
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 30-09-2019
Job Category Staff