Senior Lecturer or Associate Professorial level in Project Management
The Department of Construction Economics and Management enjoys an international reputation for its activities in the fields of Property Studies, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management and Project Management. The Department is also home to the Urban Real Estate Research Unit.
The Department is seeking to appoint a permanent full-time academic at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professorial level in the field of Project Management. We invite suitably qualified persons to apply for this position.
Minimum requirements include:
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer level, a PhD in Project Management and 5 years suitable experience.
- For appointment at Associate Professorial level:
- a PhD in Project Management,
- a strong recent academic teaching and postgraduate supervision record,
- a strong publication record of international peer reviewed research journal and conference papers,
- demonstrated commitment to social responsiveness and engaged scholarship.
Advantages – Demonstrated qualities that would inform the level of appointment
- For appointment at Senior Lecturer level, previous teaching experience in Project Management at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- For appointment at Associate Professor level: Relevant industry experience; International reputation; Registration with a professional body; National Research Foundation rating; Experience in management (of courses, staff and/or research projects).
- Experience in commercial and/or systems information implementation project management.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Contribute to excellence in research at UCT.
- Contribute to excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Conduct research, supervise postgraduate students and publish in refereed journals.
- Participate in the management and administration of the Department.
- Be socially responsive by engaging with community and/or industry through teaching and research.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is:
- Senior Lecturer - R834 707
- Associate Professor - R1, 002 002
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file (max size 10Mb) to Ms Abigail Dixon at Recruitment03@uct.ac.za:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- A motivation letter, specifying the relevance of your experience to the post applying for and to the Department;
- A full CV including details (e-mail addresses & phone numbers) of 3 contactable referees.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete and may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates may be required to deliver a short presentation to the Department.
Telephone: 021 650 1673
Reference number: E19297
Closing date: 23 July 2019
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.