At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you willing to become a key player in maintaining test equipment for electronics boards? Join CERN’s Electrical and Power Converters Group and leave your mark on the development of the electrical systems for CERN’s future accelerator. Take part!
You will join the Operation Maintenance Support Section (TE-EPC-OMS), whose members participate in the production, operation and maintenance of all the electrical power systems managed by the TE-EPC group.
As an electro-mechanical technician, you will be a member of the team responsible for the production, operation and maintenance of electrical power systems.
Your main activities will consist of:
- Participation in the maintenance, installation, design and production (mechanical assembly, integration and wiring) of the new power systems.
- Proposing improvements and upgrade of the existing equipment.
- Coordination of the electro-mechanical work completed by contractors.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in electro-mechanics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the production, installation and/or maintenance of electro-mechanical systems.
The following additional experiences would be an asset:
- Operation of overhead crane, slings, and handling.
- Operation of electrical installations and equipment in order to comply with the requirements of the NF C18-510 electrical standards.
- Operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment and systems: manufacturing power cables, wiring and cabling sub-systems.
- Construction, test and installation of electro-mechanical equipment and systems: manufacturing basic mechanical pieces, assembling electro-mechanical sub-systems, maintaining and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of basic manual machine-tools.
- Welding and brazing pieces.
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Spoken and written English or French: basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.06.2019.
Contract type: limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Shift work, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: TE-EPC-OMS-2019-11-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electromechanical Technician
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further