Advisor Diversity and Inclusion
- Full-time, fixed-term 6- month contract based at RMIT City campus
- Opportunity to gain experience and undertake equity & diversity projects
- Utilise your project management and engagement skills to design and deliver projects and initiatives to support access and successful participation by students from under-represented groups with a focus on low socio-economic status students.
- Work with a close-knit, enthusiastic Equity & Diversity team with collaboration with multidisciplinary colleagues from various functions & groups
- Report to the Senior Coordinator, Equity & Diversity Partnerships & Projects
- Remuneration at HEW Level 7, with competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
In this position, you will be:
- Responsible to create and execute varieties of projects & initiatives through stakeholder engagements
- Facilitate in connecting and ensuring student from under-represented group partake in a range of Equity & Diversity activities
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Universitys Access and Equity projects, including the Diversity and Inclusion Framework and related Action Plans, by designing and delivering a range of equity and inclusion projects and initiatives, engaging collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate diversity and inclusion projects, delivering agreed outputs within agreed timelines and by efficient and effective management of resources.
- Design and deliver information sessions and training and other written or multimedia resources on a range of diversity and inclusion issues.
- Contribute to program reporting, sustainability and accountability through record keeping, process development and database use.
- Prepare reports on student equity and inclusion data, initiatives, projects and outcomes for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute actively to the multi-disciplinary Equity and Diversity Unit, including its equity outreach program I Belong, and collaborate with colleagues in cross functional project work across the University addressing access and inclusion.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified and commensurate working experience, with experience from the tertiary sector highly regarded
- Demonstrated understanding of community diversity, with the proven capacity to draw upon related skills and expertise to develop and deliver equity and inclusion programs that are targeted and responsive
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and deliver a range of innovative and effective programs
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with a wide range of partners, including internal and external stakeholders
- Strong planning, organisational, and project management skills, including coordinating staff for the effective delivery of events and programs
- High-level written and oral communication skills, including experience in the design and delivery of training and information resources, and the proven ability to liaise at all levels with a culturally diverse group of people
- Capacity to think and work innovatively, effectively and flexibly in a fluid multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven experience in evaluating programs and implementing continuous improvement
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
The Equity and Diversity Unit within the RMIT Student Wellbeing & Inclusion group manages and supports a number of University-wide programs and initiatives designed to increase access to further education for groups that are under-represented, build a more diverse student population, and provide an equitable and inclusive experience for all students.
The Unit manages I Belong, RMITs flagship secondary school outreach program, providing on-campus experiences designed to increase awareness of and aspiration for tertiary education. The Unit also supports the implementation of the SNAP Access Scheme, facilitating entry to RMIT programs through the provision of bonus entry points or equivalent individual consideration. In addition, the Unit also leads the development and implementation of the Universitys Diversity and Inclusion Framework and related Action Plans, with initiatives to support inclusive education regarding low socio-economic status, regional and Indigenous students, sexuality and gender diversity, and students with disability.
Details information can be found via this link : RMIT Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please contact Lara Rafferty, Associate Director at 03 9925 2006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the position description attached below:
Applications close on Tuesday 18th June 2019.
Applicants are requested to upload an updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people inclusive of all diversity, including in gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Employer of the Year in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2019 in recognition of our achievements in LGBTI inclusion.