Intellectual Property and Commercialisation Manager
Application closing date 09/06/2019
Location Preston Campus
Salary Grade: I (£43267 – 50132)
Job category/type Professional Services
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is seeking to appoint a highly ambitious IP and Commercialisation professional to join its team based in Preston, Lancashire. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the evaluation, protection and commercialisation of its growing intellectual property portfolio derived from academic research carried out across the University in order to drive a significant increase in commercial income and impact.
Principal activities include:
- Manage a variety of projects from idea to successful commercialisation.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including academics, funders, potential licensees and investors.
- Provide high level training and advisory services on IP protection and commercialisation to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Raise and maintain the profile and awareness of IP and Commercialisation activities, expertise and resources within the University
- The commercialisation of IP through licensing, spin-outs and joint ventures in order to drive a significant increase in commercial income and impact
With experience of working in a similar role, you will have a thorough understanding of the various forms of IP and experience of the IP process, including maintaining an IP management system. Educated to post-graduate level in a relevant subject or with the equivalent experiential learning, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a customer-focused approach to service delivery.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
Please apply online; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quote the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanies by a completed application form.
School/Service: Innovation & Enterprise
Hours: Full Time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Interview Date: To be confirmed