Clinical Registrar in Small Animal Medicine
- Opportunity to work as a Clinical Registrar in Small Animal Medicine
- Located at Camperdown Campus in the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney
- Full-time (38 hours per week), Fixed Term up to 12 Months, Base Salary: $99,945 p.a. - $108,886 p.a. Level 7, plus a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Medicine, we are seeking to employ a Clinical Registrar to provide a clinical service in Small Animal medicine. You will be responsible to provide a high quality clinical training, close supervision and assessment of students at UVTHS.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Clinical Registrar in Small Animal Medicine who possesses:
- Completed residency program of the ANZCVS, ECVIM or ACVIM
- Excellent clinical skills
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and providing clinical instruction.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney is ranked 1st in the Southern hemisphere and 9th in the world among veterinary schools (QS rankings, 2018). The SSVS provides a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in veterinary and associated disciplines, with the Teaching Hospitals providing the clinical learning experience for undergraduate students and staff engaged in professional training programs. The hospitals are also commercial centres and provide a range of veterinary services to the public. The Referral Surgery Unit provides care to referral clients and patients.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change, which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 640/0319F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 2 June 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Registrars / Assistant Registrars jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Life sciences Registrars / Assistant Registrars jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Registrars / Assistant Registrars jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Veterinary Science Registrars / Assistant Registrars jobs in Camperdown