Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Criminology
Academic C, $113,860 - $31,286 per annum / Academic D, $137,095 - $151,034 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution. This is a full time (36.75 hours per week) ongoing appointment.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Showcase your research skills
- Located at our City Queen campus
About the Role
You will be appointed as an academic in our Criminology discipline in the College of Law and Justice. You will contribute to course development, teaching and assessment of units within the discipline encompassing criminology, history of criminal trials, policing and the law, crime across borders, mental illness and the law, and criminal law. You will also contribute strongly to the research goals and environment within the College of Law and Justice as well as providing postgraduate supervision.
About the Person
You will have exceptional teaching, organisational and communication skills as well as a capacity to contribute to curriculum development. An extensive track record in research and research leadership in criminology will also be one of your major strengths, together with a proven track record of external grant funding and supervision of postgraduate students.
Duties will include:
- Delivering high quality in class and online teaching and practical classes
- Developing high quality unit and course materials if required
- Conducting research in accordance with the expectations for the given academic level
- Supervising of honours and/or postgraduate students
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
If you have any queries about the position contact Associate Professor Lidia Xynas: Lidia.Xynas@vu.edu.au
Position Closes: 4.00 pm Tuesday 30 April 2019