Subject Manager (Arabic)
Subject Manager (Arabic)
Full-time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
IB Global Centre, Cardiff
If you're looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission, and with colleagues all over the world, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens.
In addition, we offer comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators.
The IB offers you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We’re seeking the best talent, who have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioral qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
In return, you’ll get to work in a learning organization committed to your growth and development, with internationally minded professionals. If you meet all the requirements for this position and you’re seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
The IB offers a full suite of Arabic subjects across the Diploma Programme (DP) and the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for both native speakers of Arabic and for those learning Arabic as an acquired language:
For native speakers
- DP Arabic A: Literature
- DP Arabic A: Language and Literature
- MYP Arabic Language and Literature.
For language learners
- DP Arabic B
- DP Arabic ab initio
- MYP Arabic (Language Acquisition).
The post holder will assume responsibility for all Arabic subjects across both Programmes. The successful applicant will manage the senior examining team for each subject and will be responsible for all assessment related activities of these teams including examination paper authoring, standardization and grade award. The post holder will work closely with other departments of the IB, particularly those within the Assessment and Learning and Teaching directorates.
- Demonstrate leadership of a team of examiners, including senior examiners, for all Arabic subjects
- Manage the preparation of examinations and assessment materials in conjunction with the Examination Publication team (EP)
- Implement effective standardization processes and monitor the marking of assessment material
- Lead grade award meetings for designated subjects
- Plan and manage expenses related to assessment for the designated subject(s), as appropriate
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders any relevant information or advice on assessment related matters for the designated subjects.
- Fluency in Arabic
- Excellent English comprehension skills in a range of academic areas (English is the working language of the organization)
- A qualification at degree level
- Significant and relevant post-qualification experience in educational assessment, teaching, research, or translation
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to analyse and draw conclusions from statistical information
- Good communication and collaboration skills to work with subject managers in various academic areas
- The ability to lead and work within a team and to foster a collaborative environment
- Competence in using standard office software (including Microsoft Word and Excel)
- The ability to manage multiple projects to agreed timelines.
- Successful experience in a similar role.
Other Special Requirements:
- Flexibility to work weekends during peak examinations sessions (May/June, November/December)
Applications will be accepted until 28th April 2019.
*The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer*
* This job is offered on local terms and conditions *