Location: London Waterloo
Closing date: 18/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Law School -Law School
The Resource Planner will assist the Head of Resource Planning with the allocation of resources to the Law School programmes and modules (present and future), including allocation of resource to teaching, programme and course design, exam drafting, updating materials and marking activity. The role is critical in ensuring that all programmes are resourced effectively and efficiently within the Law School faculty, and includes the identification and management of resourcing needs within areas such as business development, education outreach activity, school operations and programme development.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Work with the Head of Resource Planning to plan the allocation of resource for the delivery of all in-classroom and online delivery of programmes
- Work with the timetabling team to schedule the required teaching and related activity
- Work with the Head of Resource Planning to plan the allocation of resource to the marking, exam drafting, course design and other related activity in relation to current Law School programmes across the centres
- Assist the Head of Resource Planning to identify any gaps in resource which may require additional resource
- Work with the Head of Resource Planning to identify and allocate tutor resource to be deployed for development and design of new programmes as required
- Work with the Head of Resource Planning to allocate resource to business development and outreach activities
- Organise class cover in the event of tutor sickness
- Allocate personal tutors from the tutors at the relevant centre to all programmes
- Assist the Head of Resource Planning to monitor annual leave, unpaid leave, sickness and TOIL records to assist with the forward planning and resource allocation of faculty and administrative staff and assist the Head of Resource Planning to identify any performance issues associated with this
- Assist the Head of Resource Planning to undertake capacity management analysis to identify growing or reducing resource demands
- Assist the Head of Resource Planning to collate and process overtime and freelance payment claims
- Generally to assist the Head of Resource Planning to effectively allocate the Law School faculty resources appropriately to ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.