Programme Team Leader - Forestry
Programme Team Leader - Forestry
£42,851 - £46,160 per annum
SRUC is a widely respected higher education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to consolidate and grow SRUC’s forestry and arboriculture education and training provision. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Department to develop and manage this provision.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- The development of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s forestry and arboriculture education and training capability in the South and West Faculty;
- To identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio to increase student recruitment;
- The operational leadership of forestry and arboriculture related training and education activities (staff, students/trainees, resources and outputs) in the South and West Faculty;
- To identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio for national and international recruitment;
- The development of a good working relationship with colleagues that have relevant interests (e.g. within SAC Consulting) so as to maximising business opportunities for the wider SRUC and improve the ‘student/trainee experience’.
- The establishment of strong, positive working relationship with sector stakeholders and in particular employers;
- Teaching and training campus-based and work-based students;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of teaching and assessment timetables;
- Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required;
- To identify and help meet staff training/development needs;
- To ensure compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching.
Experience & Qualifications required
Applicants will hold an undergraduate degree in a land-based discipline that has provided a good grounding in forestry management or arboriculture needs. A teaching/training qualification is desirable. Significant and proven previous relevant commercial experience in the sector is required as is experience of delivering relevant training/education. The successful candidate will possess effective management and leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills.
The closing date for all applications is 24th March 2019.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Prof Davy McCracken, Head of Department, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01292 525 299.
To apply for this role, please click APPLY.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC10304.