English Language Teacher for Academic Purposes
English Language Teacher for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Applications are invited for three full time posts of Teacher of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at NUIST-Reading Academy, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), Jiangsu Province, People’s Republic of China.
NUIST-Reading Academy is a leading joint education institute in China, a partnership between the University of Reading (UK) and NUIST (China). The Academy provides high quality education to students in China and currently offers six undergraduate programmes: Applied Chemistry, International Economics and Trade, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Environmental Engineering, Atmospheric Science, and Law.
The post is based in the modern city of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, with easy access to public transportation, convenient stores, hospitals etc.
The post holder’s main duties will be to teach students EAP during their foundation year at the Academy. The students are required to achieve the equivalent of an IELTS 6.0 by the end of the academic year.
- Teach EAP to foundation level students (with the possibility of some ESAP teaching to undergraduates)
- Assess students’ developing competence in EAP
- Develop students’ ability to learn independently and monitor their independent work
- Provide support to students’ language learning outside class
- Advanced level of proficiency and communicative competence in English
- Relevant TEFL/TESOL qualification (eg teaching diploma such as DELTA certified by Cambridge English Language Assessment or Trinity College London, or PGCE with TESOL)
- Good class of degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience of teaching and assessing EAP
- Experience of the administration of courses and modules in British/Western universities
- Excellent organisation, communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- An excellent team player
- A willingness to work flexibly as required
- Keen to develop professionally
- Experience of teaching and assessment of undergraduate students in a Chinese university environment
Annual salary of RMB 150,000+ (before tax), depending on qualifications and experience.
International travel allowance: 10,000 RMB per year.
Free Lodging and medical insurance provided.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter which details how they satisfy the outlined requirements, a current CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, a scanned passport image copy, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
Closing date: 17 January 2020
IV. Contact information
- Please refer to https://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/school-contact-information/ for detailed contact information of the Schools.
- Please refer tohttps://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/nuist-human-resources-department-/ for detailed contact information of the Human Resources Department.
For more information on qualifications, compensation and benefits for each programme please visit