College of Science Technical - JBL Schools
Salary: From £23,334 per annum
Please note this post is permanent, full time at 37 hours per week.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19 February 2019
Interview Date: Friday 08 March 2019
The Schools of Life Sciences, Chemistry and Pharmacy operate across the Joseph Bank Laboratories and Minster House which house research and training facilities for the Schools, in addition to extensively enhanced teaching laboratories in the purpose built Janet Lane-Claypon Building. The University seeks to further strengthen its position in these areas, augmenting its track record in research and innovation through the appointment of technical scientists that support the delivery of teaching and training in these facilities and contribute to their continued development.
We are seeking individuals with a range of specialist skills in the biological sciences to integrate into a multi-functional team that maintains facilities and provides high quality support for our taught courses and research. You will be dynamic and adaptable with a 'can do' approach. You will demonstrate a dedication to working within multidisciplinary teams and an enthusiasm for success, working flexibly across the schools as appropriate. Where applicable training in specific techniques and processes will form part of your personal development plan.
As an applicant for this post, you will:
- have a scientific background
- have skills in a range of techniques that underpin biological sciences, e.g.
- cellular/molecular laboratory procedures
- forensic sciences
- ecological survey and sampling
- animal or plant biology/physiology
- experimental design
- have experience of working in a laboratory environment
- contribute to the University’s activities in biological sciences in teaching and research environments
- have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- have the potential to further develop your skills across the broad spectrum of attributes required for a technical role
The University of Lincoln is a visionary, ambitious institution and you will be working in the heart of a thriving, historic, safe and friendly city. The Schools provide a stimulating environment for academic research, and are based in high quality, newly developed facilities.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please contact Dr. Ciara Casey, Technical Manager by email at email@example.com.
Please be advised that candidates will need to be eligible to work in the United Kingdom as sponsorship is unlikely to be available for this post.