Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
- Salary Package: (Level B), From $101,877 to $120,537 p.a., plus 17% employer superannuation
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is looking to appoint an outstanding applied mathematician whose research involves mathematical modelling with applications in science, engineering, and the technological and biological sciences. Applicants with research interests in the areas of stochastic modelling, asymptotic analysis, dynamical systems, fluid mechanics, numerical analysis/scientific computing and waves are particularly encouraged.
The newly merged Department of Mathematics and Statistics represents a continuation of the traditions of the disciplines of Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics at Macquarie University and has seen significant growth in the area of applied mathematics over the past several years. This position is a continuation of that growth.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv, three references along with the names, addresses and/or email details, your residency status and a separate cover letter that explicitly demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Demonstrated research ability that supports the Department's research interests in applied mathematics
- A strong record of research achievements as evidenced by high quality publications
- The ability to supervise postgraduate students
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- The capacity to teach across a wide range of courses similar to those offered by the Department
- The ability to contribute to a collegial environment in furthering the goals of the Department
- The potential to act as an advocate for the Department and the discipline both within the University and also to external groups
- The potential to attract research students and competitive research funding
- The potential to generate collaboration and funding from industry
- Substantial experience of lecturing large classes and service classes
- A genuine commitment to the development and delivery of innovative teaching of mathematics
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Jim Denier on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 8956.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.