Professor in Mathematical or Computational Statistics
- Salary Package: From $186,809 to $195,640 per annum (Level E) which includes a 17% employer superannuation contribution.
- Appointment Type: The position will be available from 1 July 2019 on a full-time, continuing basis.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our Faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is looking to appoint an outstanding mathematical or computational statistician. You will provide leadership within the Department for the ongoing development of mathematical and computational statistics, leveraging of your international standing in the field to provide a focal point for the future development of the statistics discipline at Macquarie University.
The newly merged Department of Mathematics and Statistics represents a continuation of the traditions of the disciplines of Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics at Macquarie University. This position is part of our strategic growth in the area of mathematical and computational statistics.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv, three references along with the names, addresses and/or email details, your residency status and a separate cover letter that explicitly demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD in Mathematical or Computational Statistics, or related field
- Demonstrated outstanding contributions to research in mathematical and as evidenced by ongoing publications in top tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline
- Demonstrated ability to attract significant and sustained external research funding
- Proven excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum development at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Willingness and capacity to make a substantial contribution to all activities of the department, including administration and planning
- Demonstrated professional leadership qualities and a capacity for executive administrative responsibilities
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders
Enquiries: For confidential enquires please contact Professor Jim Denier on email@example.com or +61 2 9850 8956.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 3rd March 2019 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.