Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer, University of New England
The Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer is accountable for the strategic leadership and management of UNE.
As Vice-Chancellor you will lead the University with energy, flair and vision, plus exhibit the necessary leadership and emotional intelligence qualities to champion executive management of the highest order. Committed to the value of communication, you will possess the ability to motivate a complex organisation, and its rich mix of stakeholders, to develop, grow and achieve great things.
The Vice-Chancellor will:
- Position UNE for continued success, leveraging its unique points of difference and its potential for growth;
- Strengthen UNE’s student demand and research opportunities;
- Continue to embed and connect the University with its stakeholders in the New England region and with the various other communities which it serves;
- Instil confidence and give voice to UNE’s unique capabilities, strengths and successes;
- Ensure that an outstanding student experience and research excellence remain at the heart of UNE’s vision and culture;
- Build on UNE’s distance education legacy to re-affirm its presence as a leader in the competitive digital learning market, in Australia and internationally;
- Diversify income streams and create new value via strategic alliances with partner institutions, industry, alumni and communities nationally and internationally;
- Drive and oversee key organisational changes, in process, capacity and culture, which will help UNE be more focused, efficient, flexible and effective;
- Work with Senior Management to set standards and embed a high-performance culture that will result in outstanding quality teaching, research, and services delivery outcomes;
- Develop the innovative, value-led approach and business model that will enable UNE to remain a highly regarded quality provider and partner of choice;
- Build a strong relationship with Council and the Chancellor to create an environment that supports good governance and leadership at all levels.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Please visit the UNE website for more details, including an information book for candidates.
The appointment of the next Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer of the University of New England is being supported by the executive search firm Boyden.
One of the world’s premier leadership solutions and talent advisory firms, Boyden works with globally-oriented, growth, and emerging organisations to provide executive search, interim management, and leadership consulting services.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact:
Alun Parry, Managing Partner, Boyden
T: +61 2 9225 7400
M: +61 449 031 549
Kirsten Ludlow, Principal, Boyden
T: +61 2 9225 7400
M: +61 401 148 316
Applications should consist of:
- a comprehensive curriculum vitae setting out full contact details, academic and professional qualifications, full employment history, relevant role responsibilities and achievements, and details of two referees.
- a covering letter describing why the appointment is of interest to you and what you believe you can bring to the role.
Closing date 31 January 2019.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place during the week of 25 March 2019.
The University of New England reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.