UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
NEW SOUTH WALES
Tel: +(61) 2 9351 2222
About UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
The University of Sydney was established in 1850 and is consistently recognised, both locally and internationally, for its outstanding teaching and research excellence. Sydney alumni include Prime Ministers, Governor Generals, Nobel Prize winners and leaders in every field of endeavour.
The University offers a comprehensive range of courses, including a number of disciplines unique in Australia. Teaching is spread across nine different state-of-the art campuses, located across New South Wales.
The University of Sydney’s commitment to excellence in research has resulted in an outstanding record in national competitive funding and underpins an approach to teaching which has won nominations for excellence and resulted in high student satisfaction ratings. The University has 78 research centres and institutes and is home to three ARC Centres of Excellence.
The teaching, research and cultural life of the University is supported by extensive facilities, including the largest library collection in the Southern Hemisphere, the world-class Nicholson Museum of archaeological antiquities, the Macleay Museum of natural history and ethnographic collections and the University Art Gallery. Its outstanding sporting and recreation facilities provide a training centre for students and Olympic athletes.
The University of Sydney is a key member of the Group of Eight Australian major research-intensive universities, and the Worldwide Universities Network.
The University of Sydney has nine official campuses.
1. Camperdown/Darlington Campus.
2. Cumberland Campus. Home to the Faculty of Health Sciences (based in Lidcombe).
3. Mallett Street Campus. Home of the Sydney Nursing School.
4. Sydney Conservatorium of Music Campus. In Macquarie Street, central Sydney.
5. Rozelle Campus. Home to Sydney College of the Arts.
6. Surry Hills Campus. Home to the Faculty of Dentistry.
7. Camden Campus. Contains facilities connected to the Faculty of Veterinary Science and the Faculty of Agriculture and Environment.
8. Burren Street Campus. Facilties are currently under development.
9. Sydney Medical School campuses. These include the School of Rural Health (in Dubbo and Orange), the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Concord Hospital, Westmead Hospital, the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Nepean Hospital, Northern Clinical School, Sydney Adventist Hospital, Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health, and Northern Rivers University Department of Rural Health.
The University of Sydney has 16 faculties.
1. Agriculture and Environment
2. Architecture, Design and Planning
3. Arts and Social Sciences
4. Business (Business School)
6. Education and Social Work
7. Engineering and Information Technologies
8. Health Sciences
9. Law (Sydney Law School)
10. Medicine (Sydney Medical School)
11. Nursing and Midwifery
14. Sydney College of the Arts
15. Sydney Conservatorium of Music
16. Veterinary Science
Number of Employees
Full-time employees: 7616
For more information, please visit: http://sydney.edu.au/
26 jobs with UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
We are seeking to appoint a distinguished academic as Head of School, School of Mathematics and Statistics ...
Excellent opportunity to build your administration career within the University's Trusts Office.
The Executive Assistant provides a broad range of professional administrative duties to ensure the effective operation ...
A new exciting research position for a Postdoctoral Research Associate is now available in a project funded by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ...
Opportunity to lead one of the top two ophthalmic research institutes in Australia.
Opportunity to support the delivery of a phase 1 in human trial.
Seeking a Lecturer (Level B) to teach Korean language and Korean Studies units.
Seeking two Lecturers in Japanese language and culture, preferably with specialisation in Transnational Japanese Studies and/or Translation Studies.
We have a number of opportunities for outstanding early career teachers and scholars who are interested in contributing to ...
Opportunity to join the Rural Clinical School (Northern Rivers) as an Academic Coordinator.
We have multiple full time Senior Postdoctoral Research Fellowship opportunities under the supervision of Professor Stuart Grieve ...
Seeking to appoint an outstanding senior academic as Associate Professor or Professor in Design to provide leadership in design-led research.
Excellent opportunity to join the DVC Research Portfolio at the University.
Seeking to appoint a distinguished academic as Head of School, School of Geosciences, who will join the leadership team of the Faculty of Science.
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate on lubricant-infused surfaces to support the research activities.
Opportunity to join the research team for the STELLAR project group (Spatio TEmporaL expLorAtion for Resources).
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding senior academic at the level of Professor or Associate Professor as the Director, China Studies Centre.
Opportunity to pioneer and develop a program of teaching and performance activities that would support women and all gender marginalised jazz ..
Seeking a researcher in Evolutionary Biology/Bioinformatics/Genomics to join a research programme investigating the evolution of vertebrate ...
Join a world-class community of mathematicians and statisticians as a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Data Science.