About ASTON UNIVERSITY
To be the UK’s leading university for business and the professions, where original research, enterprise and inspiring teaching deliver global impact.
In 2020 Aston will have an international reputation as the source of the people and the ideas that will shape the businesses and the communities of tomorrow.
We will be:
- Ranked within the top 1% of universities in the world
- Exceptional in terms of our worldwide reputation for graduate employability – as a result of innovative teaching and placement opportunities
- Recognised for excellence in research that delivers real solutions for local and global challenges, develops research leaders and provides the foundations for new businesses
- Focused on the needs of business and the professions, with courses and research that build on our strengths
- Transforming lives: developing sought-after, entrepreneurial graduates – from a wide range of backgrounds – with global citizenship skills
- Delivering our research and teaching in collaboration with international partners and innovative businesses
- A university with sustainability at the core of all we do, meeting world-class standards for environmental performance
- A welcoming community that is a great place to work and study.
Our Mission and Vision focus on two ‘core aims’:
1. Developing internationally sought after Aston
2. Delivering excellent and transformational Aston
With its focus on the application of knowledge for economic and social benefit, Aston University has a distinct mission that sets it apart.
Going forward to 2020, Aston must maintain its responsiveness to the needs of a changing world whilst remaining true to a distinctive, original purpose. Our strategy sets out aims and goals to ensure we are even more distinctive within a crowded and increasingly competitive environment.
Divided into eight categories, the strategy states Aston’s commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, widening participation, producing research with real-world impact, building strong links with business, industry and the public sector, and equipping our graduates with the skills they need to thrive.
1 job with ASTON UNIVERSITY
Key to our plans is a 25% increase in student numbers and our new Director of Marketing, Communications and Student Recruitment...